~ This website last updated on: August 19, 2017 ~
Search This Site
Unless noted otherwise in the column to the right, we meet on the first Wednesday evening of every month from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the San Diego Health Services Complex at 3851 Rosecrans Street, San Diego.
We also hold daytime 'Break-Out' Sessions once a month. Break-Out sessions involve persons with Parkinson’s and their care partners meeting in a group the first hour and separately the second hour to discuss topics of interest or concern, share experiences and ideas, and provide support for one another.
Break-Out Sessions are held in the Community Room at the Point Loma/Hervey Library, 3701 Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA 92107. Meetings are currently being held the fourth Monday of the month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Visitors are welcome to our meetings and if you have Parkinson's yourself, or know someone who does, you are especially welcome to come by and spend some time with us in a caring, sharing and compassionate environment.
If you have questions or need to make contact with a member of the group, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
In the meantime, feel free to browse through our website. The Point Loma Parkinson's Group website contains a site specific 'Search Feature'. This site contains an ever growing amount of information and links to many websites with even more information. To make access to all this as easy as possible, we have included the search feature and our database is continually updated. Should you have a problem searching for something you believe ought to be in these pages, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
If you have ideas for the improvement of this website, we would very much like to hear them - once again, please contact the webmaster.
Please Support our local PD Association
- Go to smile.amazon.com and name the Parkinson’s Association as your charity of choice. Every time you shop on Amazon, Amazon Smile will donate .05% of your purchases to us!
- Donate your unused vehicle to PA – click on the car logo under the DONATE button on the association homepage, www.ParkinsonsAssociation.org and we’ll take care of the rest.
Point Loma Parkinson's Group Next Meeting
Free Event in September
Join the Parkinson’s Foundation on Sunday, September 17, 2017 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in Corona del Mar, CA, for Practical Approaches to Managing Parkinson’s: Medication and Beyond.
will resume in September
The Minds in Motion Take Control Video Channel
Where MIMO Meets:
Meetings generally take place the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month - 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, Scripps Health, 10820 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
for Older Adults in San Diego
- Parkinson's Women on List of Best PD Blogs in 2017, Click here to see more
- Click here to register for the Michael J. Fox Third Thursdays Webinars on Parkinson’s Research or choose from the video archive on the Michael J. Fox website.
- Every other week, the National Parkinson's Foundation brings you a new pod cast episode of Substantial Matters: Life and Science of Parkinson’s. Click Here to learn more.
- Click here to register for the National Parkinson's Foundation Webinar Series or Click here to watch archived videos.
- Click here to register for the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's Challenge for Living Well webinar series.
Important Programs & Information
- "You can train your dog to help you manage your Parkinson's symptoms!" Enroll in Parkinson's Pooches.
- Important fact sheet, "Medicines for Parkinson's Disease" - Information about common medications prescribed for Parkinson's, and medications to avoid when taking certain PD medications.
- Link to the California State attorney General's online California Advance Healthcare Directive form (this form can be filled out online and printed)